Friday, February 3, 2012

Day Thirty Four 2012

















On February 3, 1953, my dear mom, Hamp Mabry, turned me loose in this world, and I thank her for that, because so far it's been a most interesting and joyful and fruitful journey. This evening during my birthday party, my brother in law Don Foy did the math, and so graciously pointed out to me that as I complete my 59th trip around the Sun, I have traveled 1.50, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 miles. I don't know if a name can be put to this number. All I know is that it's a lot of miles, and God has blessed me richly every mile of the way, and I thank Him for that. Thanks so much to my family who made my birthday so much fun as they always do each year. So generous with gifts and best of all so generous with love and affection and that's what makes all those miles worth while. Looking forward to the rest of the trip! (In this picture taken by my sister Ann Sissom on 2/2/12~~ my mother and I. ~~I love you, Mom! Thanks for having me!~~)

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Love this picture of you and Ma! I enjoyed your birthday partay. It was a blast. Love you sis!

Kelly said...

Awww, great picture! Hope you had s groovy day! Had good time celebrating with you! Love you happy birthday!!!!

Jane said...

That is a great picture! Mom actually looks happy! :) I'm glad she had you, too!