Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day Seventy One 2012

Neil and I put on our walking boots again today and headed around the neighborhood for a Sunday hike. We always take a different route, just to keep things interesting, so we cut through the woods behind our house when we came to that point. Found an old bottle buried in the ground and a weird rusty pipe sticking up out of a tree trunk. We walked through a neighborhood that has a brook running alongside the hilly properties that I didn't realize was there. Really pretty, especially the soothing sound of the rushing water. What a gorgeous day! I had to take off my sweater, cause I worked up a sweat hiking up the hills. Felt like a hike at times. We always manage to come full circle eventually, this time cutting through the elementary school driveway and into our back yard and onto the front porch swing for a little R&R. I forgot to check our departure time, but Neil says we walked for a half hour. I just smile and nod and drink my water and enjoy the breeze. 

2 comments:

Jane said...

Nice walk! It's great the discoveries you can make when you just get out there! :)

Ann S. said...

Love your hiking pics! It's amazing the things you can find when you get out and about. That little babbling brook is nice. Wish I had one of those in my back yard. Glad you and Neil are building up your walking times :0) I always seem to sleep better whenever me and T would go on one of our walks. Hppe we can do that again real soon. I miss it.