Monday, June 11, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Three 2012

0611021714
Hubby Neil and I enjoyed dinner and a movie tonight. We finally used up the rest of our Outback gift card that daughter Kelly and son in law Kerry gave us for our anniversary in May (thanks again!) That was totally yummy. Then we went to see the movie ‘Prometheus’, which is a prequel to Ridley Scott’s movie, ‘Alien’. It is rare that I care to go to the theater to watch a movie, but the previews looked good, and I was looking forward to seeing this one. Unfortunately, I’ll have to give it a negative review. I was very disappointed in this movie. Whatever I was expecting (a better story, perhaps? a strong sense of foreboding? maybe to be frightened out of my seat  just a little bit?) this was not it. I’ve seen the first two Alien movies dozens of times and still enjoy them. I would never see this again and don’t recommend it. That’s just my personal opinion. Even Neil agrees and he loves just about any movie. As the saying goes, ‘There’s two hours of my life I’ll never get back.’ But, hey, the steak was great!

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Sorry the movie sucked, but glad the steak was great :0) It looks absolutely delish!!

Kelly said...

Bummer the movie stunk! Looked scary! Steak looks yummy!!!

Jane said...

Sometimes it seems the previews are the best parts of the movie (not that I'd know - Venus tripping across the sun happens more often than the Foys at a movie). But I'm glad you enjoyed a scrumptious dinner! :)