Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day Two Hundred Twenty Two 2012

IMG_6207
Back porch swing fall down, go boom this morning with hubby Neil, daughter Kelly and grandson Knox sitting on it. Neil was on the side that fell. I was walking toward them across the porch and saw it suddenly fall and the three of them go tumbling down and backwards and right off the end of the porch into the weeds and mud and rocks. My biggest concern was for eight month old Knox who landed face first with his little head right beside that rock beside the downspout. Neil and Kelly were both scrambling to get back up, and she snatched him up before I could get to him. The whole thing scared him and all of us half to death. Knox was wailing but basically unhurt, thank God. I expected to see a cracked skull and lots of blood. The three of them are OK, although I know Neil and Kelly were sore after all the hubbub, and I think Kelly’s going to have a sore bottom in the morning. And I’m pretty sure Knox has long since forgotten the whole thing. I hope so anyway, because he loves our porch swings.

5 comments:

Jane said...

I'm glad everyone is ok! I know that was scary!! Gotta get some reinforcements for those swings! :)

Kelly said...

My hiney has a round plum size black bruize...might have to sit tilted to one side for a couple days. I bet Daddy has some bruises! So glad Knox wasn't hurt! He probably forgot why he was crying...I know I'll never forget. Yikes!

kayranft said...

That's a big bruise, Kelly! So sorry the swing fell with you guys on it. It all happened in a flash but isn't something I'll forget for a long time. Could have been so much worse.

Ann S. said...

Wow! So glad everyone is alright :0) That could've been really bad! Take care of that bruise, Kelly. Those hiney bruises hurt big time! Is it on your tailbone?

Kelly said...

Yep, tail. It's more like a golfball size. It was sore yesterday...didn't notice it much today. Glad Knoxy Poo doesn't have any bruises :-) Still makes me laugh and shutter :-\