Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day Three Hundred Twenty Seven 2012

Thank You For The Food Before Us, The Family Beside Us, And The Love Between Us.
IMG_7530
My sister Jane, her husband Don, and their daughters Sarah and Julia, hosted our fabulous Thanksgiving meal this year. It was scrumptious and decadent. We stuffed ourselves and enjoyed every bite.
IMG_7534
My sister Jane—the Hostess With The Most-est! Everything was perfect. Thanks so much for the hard work you all put into this dinner/get together. Now go fill up your plate!
IMG_7540
I am blessed with the best family anyone could ever ask for.  Back row from left: Alex Mabry (nephew), Terry Sissom (brother in law), Julia Foy (niece), Elijah Myers (grandson), Sarah Foy (niece), Shelby Myers (granddaughter), Ann Sissom (sister), and Don Foy (brother in law). Front row from left: my hubby Neil, Kerry Kimbrough (son in law), Kelly Kimbrough (daughter), Jerry Myers (son in law), Knox Kimbrough (grandson), Holly Myers (daughter), and Jane Foy (sister). 

"Give me the end of the year an' its fun
When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;
Bring all the wanderers home to the nest,
Let me sit down with the ones I love best,
Hear the old voices still ringin' with song,
See the old faces unblemished by wrong,
See the old table with all of its chairs
An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgivin' prayers."
~Edgar A. Guest, Thanksgiving

3 comments:

Jane said...

Enjoyed everyone being here - it wouldn't have been as good if y'all hadn't pitched in your dishes! (And we wouldn't have had seats or tables!!) :) That little Edgar A. Guest poem made me misty.

Kelly said...

Good food good time!!!

Ann S. said...

Thanks for hosting the festivities this year Foys! Everything was perfect. We had a great time. Let's do it again at Christmas :0) Kay, your group shot turned out really good!!