Monday, August 5, 2013

Day Two Hundred Seventeen 2013

What’s For Supper?
IMG_0645
IMG_0646
IMG_0649
IMG_0650
IMG_0654
Sweet and sour chicken with broccoli over rice. It is crazy easy. For just the two of us, I cut two thawed chicken breasts into bite sized chunks and put it in the slow cooker. Salt and pepper it. Stir in two 10 oz.  jars of  La Choy Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce. Add several handfuls of frozen broccoli florets. Stir it all up until well coated with the sauce. Cook on Low heat setting for 5 to 5 1/2 hours, or, if you’re in a hurry, cook on High heat setting for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours. Serve it over cooked rice [I use one big bag of Success Rice for the two of us]. You can also use the La Choy Sweet and Sour Sauce which is red and has a bit of a different flavor than the yellow duck sauce, but Neil and I like the duck sauce better. You can also use a bag of loose pack frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts. I can’t seem to find these anymore. We enjoy it with only broccoli. I found this recipe a long time ago in the Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes and tweaked it to suit myself. That’s what’s for supper. And it sure was good! Happy Monday, y’all!

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

I'm copying this recipe. It looks and sounds delish. Thanks! I'm always looking for something new to cook in the crock pot.

Jane said...

Yum! Definitely want to try this!

Kelly said...

Yummy good!! Will try. Already went shopping today so I'll have to remember it for next time :)