Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day Three Hundred Twenty Three 2013

Zephaniah 3:17  (NIV)
“The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”
IMG_2166
I bought this framed piece of needlework at Santa’s Workshop this past weekend. The ladies who create these little pieces of primitive art have a great selection, making it hard to choose just one. What sold me was the verse. It’s a comfort for me to know that my God is a mighty warrior who saves. So many blessings in that one small verse: God is with me, He saves me, He delights in me (of all people!) and one version says He will be silent and make no mention of past sins, or even recall them, and He rejoices over me (with singing!). Now that is something to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love it! Didn't see those as we went through Santa's Workshop.

Kelly said...

I like it :)