Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day Fifty Two

Sunday Randomness


Sarah's love affair with mustaches continues. She tried this one on for size tonight after church before she dashed off to the youth group devo. I like it.

Today was just crazy beautiful--the temps in the sixties and the sun so brilliant it was blinding--so Neil and I went for a walk around the block. Along the way, I picked up this pretty blue piece of glass and a piece of salt left over from the snow days and put them in my shirt pocket. When we got back to the house, I took my found objects out of my pocket and found another object I didn't know was there--a fortune from a fortune cookie no less. Since my shiny found objects made me happy I figured I'd share my found happiness with you and full fill my fortune for today.

My sister Jane and family gave me these pretty wind chimes for my birthday a few weeks ago. I finally got to hang them on the front porch today beside the swing. They make a peaceful sound when the wind blows and of course the sunny sun catcher is yummy eye candy. Thanks, Foys!

Took this picture with my cell phone camera of a neighbor's tree on our walk around the block. I like the colors in that heavenly sunlight. Totally enjoyed this rare warm and sunny February day today. Hope you did, too.

5 comments:

Ann S. said...

We ate at the Chinese place today. I was the only one who didn't get a fortune from my fortune cookie. Everyone else did. Go figure :) Great pictures, beautiful day! I'm envious of your new windchimes. I need to get to Hobby Lobby and get me some new chimes.

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing your happiness with us! :-) I'm glad you are enjoying your wind chimes! Ann, your b-day is coming up soon! Hold off on the trip to Hobby Lobby!

Ann S. said...

Jane...Will do :)

Kelly said...

Awesome randomness! Love it!!! :o)

Silent Poet Klaus said...

A great picture with mix moods, the great sunlight for happiness and the leafless trees for days that have come to passed somewhat melancholy.