Monday, April 29, 2013

Day One Hundred Nineteen 2013

IMG_9664
Once again, our roof is covered in Maple tree seeds ~ a rite of Spring, I suppose. They clog the gutters and stick to the bottom of your shoes and get tracked through the house. I call them helicopters or whirly things. I know they are necessary to carry on the Maple tree population, yet I loathe them. I mean, why does there have to be so many of them? But, what are you going to do? Chop down all the Maple trees? It’s a thought, but I enjoy the shade they provide in the Summer, and I love their colors in the Fall. It’s my rite of Spring to complain about them. Thanks for listening.
IMG_9666
From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow.
~Aeschylus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
One year today. Miss you, Mom!

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

That makes me nervous seeing Neil on the roof like that! I'm glad we don't have any whirlygigs :) I've thought about Ma all day. Can't believe it's been a year already! Like Ashley said on FB, I bet she's having a blast in heaven.

Jane said...

Makes me nervous, too, Ann! :) Yeah, the maple seeds are annoying - they are everywhere! Missing Ma always.

kayranft said...

I wasn't thrilled either when he climbed on the roof.

Kelly said...

I thought that was a Fall thing. Oh well. Tell Pa to come to my house a clean our gutters. Kerry has put it off forrrrrrever. Probably two years.
Wow, a year :(