Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eleven

Afternoon fun at Mom's place....

These juicy red cherry tomatoes are only a small part of the harvest taking place in my sister Ann's summer garden. And those cute hands holding the bounty belong to grand daughter Shelby.

A flock of Canadian geese hang out where my mom lives. They love the pond. These geese are banded and I'm guessing someone is studying their flight patterns and migration habits. My niece Julia and I were trying to take some pictures of them today. We managed to get a few shots, but we also ended up spooking them into the pond. Here some of them flee to the other side.


And they promptly take off and fly away, probably to another quieter pond where there is no paparazzi.

Ann took all the kids up on the hill for the traditional rock tossing into the pond. Son in law Kerry pulled off some pretty impressive rock skipping as the rain drops began to fall on our heads.

Caught a snapshot of one of Kerry's rocks in mid skip as it traveled the length of the pond.

Peace Lily says, "Peace, y'all!"

My sister Jane helps Snuggles the resident cat strike a reluctant pose on the front porch. If looks could kill....(We all refer to him/her/not sure which as Persian because it seems to be a Persian type cat--it's sporting its summer haircut).





3 comments:

Ann S. said...

More awesome photos from another fun day at the Side! Good job, sis :-) Luv ya!!!

Jane said...

I enjoyed today very much! It is probably my last lunch day with everyone for a while, so I will enjoy looking at these pictures through the Fall!

Kelly said...

Yeah, those geese weren't too thrilled with the "razzi"...! Glad you got a shot or two of Kerry's rock skipping... impressive! That pic of Persian made me laugh out loud! That's funny!!! Glad Kerry and I got to hang with everyone! It was fun! We'll have to do it again sometime. :o)