Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Two Hundred Twenty Three

The Last Day Of Summer Freedom


Today is Shelby's last day of freedom for a while. Tomorrow school starts. The kids chose Ocha for lunch. Here are Holly, Shelby and Elijah after a big meal of rice and spicy chicken.

I was trying to get a picture without the rabbit ears, but it wasn't meant to be. This is our last weekday lunch with Shelby until the fall break in October I think. She is now a third grader and Elijah will be attending Mother's Day Out two days a week.

The Coke can says it all. Summer 2009 is over for school kids in my neck of the woods, even though Autumn won't come around for another six weeks on the calendar. It ends too soon.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

These pictures are way cute! I can't believe Shelb will be in the 3rd grade this year.

Kelly said...

Whatta bunch of goobs!!! LOL! Love this pic. I can smell the spicy chicken now... yum! Hope Shelby enjoys the third grade... before ya know it, Elijah will be in Kindergarten! AHHHHH!!!

Jane said...

I was at Ocha that day with Mary Anne. Look toward the back of the restaurant - you can't see me :-)

Kay R. said...

I think you all had already left the building when I took these pics. :D