Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day Thirty Nine 2011


Who could possibly wrap his teeth around the giant BBQ sandwich from Stroud's BBQ here in town?

This guy, that's who! Nephew Chris joined me, my sister and brother for lunch with my mom today at her place. We try to get together once a week. We always bring our own lunches and have a good time yakking and laughing about stuff. BTW, he ate the whole thing.

And then all of a sudden out of the blue the kitchen served up an unexpected treat for us--a big brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cherry on top. Not too shabby, huh? Chris couldn't eat all his after swallowing that huge sandwich. Hey, lesson learned: you always save room for dessert. Even if you don't know dessert is on its way. I'm just saying. Good times, peeps! See you next time at the 'side.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Looks like a fun time! Always hate to miss it (especially if they are serving brownies and ice cream!) I hope Mom was doing well.

Ann S. said...

That was the biggest barbecue sandwhich I've ever seen! Great pics, fun times! Glad we could get together at Ma's place today :0)

Kelly said...

BBQ - GOOD!
Ice Cream Brownie - GOOD!