Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fifty Nine

Today's Forecast: RAIN!


The big news in my neck of middle Tennessee today is rain. Our town got over 6 inches. This spot in our back yard always floods in a heavy rain.

Schools let out at 2 PM today because roads were flooding. When I walked over to the school to pick up Shelby, the water was ankle deep.

The road that runs behind our house and just across from the school flooded a bit, along with some pavement erosion. I did not envy the crossing guard's job this afternoon. Shelby had to remove her shoes and socks before she could walk through our yard to the house. The rain has slacked off this evening. Thursday's forecast: 60% chance of rain.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

You know you've gotten too much rain when the road starts to wash away! The park down the road from us was one big pond. I'm sick of rain! Can't believe there is more in the forecast!

Jane said...

This would have been a great day to be home!!

Kelly said...

I love rain when I can stay in bed and nap and watch tv. Luckily I've been able to work from home these last couple days. Murfreesboro always floods... never seen Cookeville like this!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Wow, that's a lot of rain!! I hope you get some sunnier days soon.
Karen