Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ninety Two

"My Books Came Today!!!"


Grand daughter Shelby was oozing glee this afternoon after school because the books she had ordered arrived. It was a boxed set of seven books called 'The Pet Fairies' by Daisy Meadows. She really got into reading last year. She loves to borrow them, and she loves to own them. I've never seen a kid so excited over a box of books.

I hope the thrill of reading always sticks with her. I can relate. It's pretty much all I did as a kid. Still do. Way to go, Shelby!

8 comments:

Ann S. said...

Good for Shelby! I remember the little book fairs they would have at Capshaw when I was little. I used to love buying books there. One of my favs was always Charlotte's Web! I loved that book!

Kelly said...

That's awesome that she digs books!!! Very cool!!! One the first books I read was "James and the Giant Peach"... loved the book fairs too! :o)

Jane said...

I'm behind on my blogs!! This is so cute! I'm also glad she loves to read. Book Fairs rock!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Kay R. said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Anonymous! I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 230 bucks on every site. But finally I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that singular make. The prices for the velcros are approximately 180 dollars on every site. But definitively I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?