Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day Thirty Seven 2011

You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
~~Matthew 5:13


The collector in me really likes an old salt crock. These are some I've picked up over the years from the flea market, junk stores and antique malls. I have another smaller one not in this lineup that I actually keep salt in. These were very inexpensive (needless to say, or else they would not be sitting on a shelf in my kitchen), but I have seen some that cost hundreds of dollars, I suppose simply for the fact that they have survived a hundred years or more, which instantly makes an item more valuable. One thing's for sure, I've never seen a Morton's salt box for sale at the flea market.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

That's a nice looking collection you've got there, sis :0) Some of those crocks can be quite expensive!

Jane said...

Cute little salt crocks!

Kelly said...

Which shelf are these located? Guess I need to look up more often! Pretty!!! I like the green one :o)