Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day Eighty Seven





My daughter Kelly came in today from Murfreesboro to visit and treated her dad and me to a coffee and cheesecake at the Dolce Cafe in the old Maddux building on the square. I forgot to bring my cell phone for picture taking and told her to take some pictures so I'd have something to post here today. She started taking some cool pictures and suddenly discovered the negative picture setting. It was like eating potato chips--once she started, she couldn't stop. When we got home, I grabbed my cell phone and we drove all over the neighborhood, snapping pictures in the negative and marvelling at how cool they look. I said, We should start a blog with these pictures. So we did. It's called Positively Negative (at least for the time being) http://kaykel.blogspot.com/ The picture here was one of the only "normal" ones I took all day, looking down Hudgens Street at Spark's Grocery store and just across the street from where the old Cookeville water tower once stood beside Capshaw School. We had the best time today taking pictures.

1 comment: