Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day Two Hundred Sixty Five 2010

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Daughter Kelly sent me this picture of ornamental gourds she bought at a vegetable stand down the road from her house. 25 cents each. Not too shabby. Even better--they're for me! She knows I love gourds. The gnarlier the better. It's nice to be thought of. Thanks, Kelly! Welcome, Autumn! The most wonderful time of the year.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"the air is different today
the wind sings with a new tone
sighing of changes coming
the harvest gathered
a flower, a nut
some mead, and bread
a candle and a prayer
returning the fruits
in thanksgiving
to the grove
and receiving
it's blessing
again"
--Rhawk, Alban Elfed

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You are welcome! I saw the gnarly gourds and thought of you! Hopefully I'll see you soon so I can give them to ya! Thanks for posting! Love you!

Ann S. said...

Those are some of the coolest gnarly gourds I've ever seen! I love the poem :)

Jane said...

Those are about the gnarliest of anything I have ever seen! :-) Fall is here!