Monday, August 24, 2009

Day Two Hundred Thirty Six

Wish I Was Here...


Summer is fleeting. Autumn will arrive in less than a month. August in my neck of the woods has felt like Fall lately anyway, which is crazy. Nice, but crazy. I think I'm starting to miss Summer already and longing for the beach and the Emerald Coast. So here is a scrapbook page from our trip to Destin, Florida, back in July, 2007. This was the first time grand daughter Shelby ever saw the ocean. She had her own little disposable camera and captured her own special snapshots of this awesome view. Maybe we can go back next Summer. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the Fallish weather we're having and visit Destin in my dreams.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Me and Terry were just talking about how weird this summer has been. Not that we're complaining or anything, but it has been different. I just hope it's this nice when we have everyone down for Labor Day. Love this picture of Shelby poo! The first time you see the ocean is something you never forget!

Jane said...

I agree - it has been a weird summer. The weather wasn't right. UT football coming up soon, though! I've been a bit spoiled getting to go to the beach every year for the last 8 years. Will certainly miss it this year.

Kelly said...

Love this picture! I long for the sound of waves crashing against the shore just before going to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning... I can hear it now... :o) We have to go next summer!!!!!