Monday, February 1, 2010

Day Thirty Two

SNOW DAY!


Today is the first snow day I can remember in a long time where we've actually had snow. Shelby and Elijah stayed with me today and we went outside after lunch and played in the snow. The temperature was really mild so it was nice to be outside even in the crunchy snow. Elijah had fun drop kicking chunks of ice.

The trampoline is bulging under the weight of the ice and snow. Good thing it was made to stretch.

You have to make a snow angel when you're playing in the snow. Shelby spent a lot of time just sitting and laying in it.

And of course Elijah did, too. He laid down on the hill hoping to body slide. I was just hoping he wouldn't slip and slide down into Maple Avenue.

They both got a kick out of throwing big chunks of icy snow from the hill onto the street. Shelby and I had to warn Elijah not to throw the chunks at cars passing by. He got to the point where he'd say, "Car!" and they'd wait until it passed before they threw their chunks.

Before Shelby headed back inside, she sat down for a bite of snow. I reminded her that cats run around in the yard. She decided not to eat any. After almost two hours outside, I had to insist that Elijah go inside. He was soaking wet. And what was the first thing they wanted to do when they got inside? Eat Popsicles!

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Too cute!!! That's one thing I love about snow, no matter what age you are you feel like a kid :)

Ann S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Looks like a fun snow day! I remember Ann, Rob & me throwing snow on to the road, hoping to keep us out of school another day! :-)

Kelly said...

Glad the kids got to experience a big snow!!! Finally!!!