Monday, August 23, 2010

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five 2010

They Eat Bugs, Don't They?



These spiders have set up housekeeping in the bushes beside my daughter Holly's front door. I think they are called garden spiders. They are probably three inches long. There are at least five of them camping out in her bushes on one side of the porch, and they weave the most interesting webs. When I leaned in to snap their pictures, I figured one of them would suddenly leap at me and latch onto my face. Just being near them made the hair stand up on my arms and the back of my neck. Holly isn't going to attempt to shoo them away. After all, they do eat bugs. Which goes to show you God made everything for a reason. Sweet dreams, y'all!

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Beautiful pictures! I love garden spiders. They're so pretty and they're good in the garden because they eat aphids, etc...I love their webs too!

Jane said...

They are pretty, in their creepy way! :-) I do think their webs are cool. (They give me the creeps!!!) You know me & spiders....

Kelly said...

That thing is as big as my hand!!!! Amazing creatures! EEK!