Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Two Hundred Five

Random pictures from today...


Kay's been into the mushrooms again...

I think they're cute...

Hard downpour came up suddenly this afternoon. Neil and I
sat on the back porch and enjoyed the show. Love those new
gutters!

Between a rock and a hard place...The screen mesh
has come loose from the lower corner of the screen
door. The new kitty comes in through the gap and
climbs the kitchen door, wanting to come in. He usually
can't find his way back out. Duh! Neil calls him Sherman.
I like the name Eddie or maybe Ernie. Buddy doesn't like
him no matter what his name is!

Speaking of Buddy, he's checking out the makings for
our BLT's. He could smell the bacon frying and wanted
in on the action.

My sister Ann brought tomatoes from her garden to us this
past Thursday. They were huge and red and juicy and the
first thing I thought of when I saw them was "BLT!" Thanks
for the tomatoes, Ann!

The BLT made with tons of crispy bacon, crisp lettuce, lots of
mayo (the real stuff!) and a big slice of Ann's tomato on fresh
whole grain bread. And on the side a bowl of tomato soup and
a glass of icy Coke Zero. Doesn't get any better than this, folks!






3 comments:

Kelly said...

You and your mushrooms! Tee hee!!! I cracked up when I saw the picture of the kitten hanging on the door!!!! That is hilarious!!! I hate that he can't get out though, makes me nervous. I'm jealous of your BLT's!!! They are one of my favorite things to eat! A good tomatoe makes a good BLT! YUM!!!!!!!! :o)

Ann S. said...

Thanks for featuring our garden maters on your blog. It makes me happy that everyone is enjoying them. The kitty hanging on the door and Buddy scoping out the BLT makings is cracking me up, the BLT looks yummalishious and I love the mushroom pictures :-) Love your blog. It always brings a smile to my face. Luv you sis!

Jane said...

Oh, those BLTs!! We've had them 2 nights in a row!! Imagine having 4 little kitty faces wanting in! Cute kitty! Love the 'shrooms! :-)