Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day Three Hundred Twenty One

Postcards From A Chilly Gray November Day


"It's colder now. The trees are bare and the nights are long." (lyrics from a Barry Manilow song--yes, I like Barry Manilow. So shoot me.)

Little stone birdie matches the colors of the day.

Eddie is poised to leap at a real little birdie up in the tree far out of his reach. "Yellows and grays paint a sad sky today...." (lyrics from a Dan Fogelberg song--I miss Dan.)

Elijah hangs on to his stuffed Teddy bear while watching 'Scooby Doo On Zombie Island'. The love affair with Scooby and The Gang continues.

Shelby was inspired by something or someone at school today to draw some Christmas candy art. Sharpies are her favorite markers and here I snapped her picture asking me which one would work as violet. She makes the best pictures. Granny didn't get this one. She took it home. And here it is on a Tuesday in November at 4:40 PM. Almost dark. The nights are long indeed.


5 comments:

Jane said...

Really love these pictures. The first one is especially neat! Funny you should mention Dan Fogelburg. I was thinking of his music today - sometimes I forget he's gone! :-( ...and there's nothing wrong with liking Barry Manilow!

Will we ever get over Scooby Doo? I hope not!

Jane said...

oops! I mean Fogelberg!

Ann S. said...

Loving these pictures! What a great day to watch Scooby Doo and draw :) It was a dreary day indeed. I'm already looking forward to Spring and ditto what Jane said...there's nothing wrong with liking Barry Manilow!

Kay R. said...

Dan is gone but lives on in his music. He made some really good music that I never get tired of listening to. Thanks for liking my pictures. I sure do appreciate hearing that!

Kelly said...

Great shots! Nice little pretties on an icky day. Scoob rules... Sharpies rule... nuff said... peace out... :o)