Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty Four


Welcome to my virtual farm! Farm Town is a game I play on Facebook, along with my family and friends (in Farm Town they're called my "neighbors" of course). I own a piece of land where I plow fields, plant seeds, harvest crops, sell them for a fair price in the farmer's market, then do it all over again. My farmer neighbors send me animals and trees for my farm. I have virtual sheep, pigs, cows, dogs, cats, rabbits, a donkey and horses. They can be sold or given away, but what's a farm without animals running amok! The trees are great because they can be harvested at any time without fear of losing the crop. The other plants are a different story. If you aren't prepared to harvest your potatoes or strawberries, cabbages or grapes or whatever when they're ready, they will go to waste and you will lose valuable coins to buy more seeds, fences, ponds--you get the idea--not to mention the chance to advance to the next level of virtual farming. I tell you this is more fun than virtual people should be allowed to have! Don't knock it til you've tried it (you know who you are). In the meantime, I've got my eye on the clock. Got some grapes due to be harvested just after midnight. "Moo!" y'all.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Nice picture of your virtual farm! I'd love to harvest your grapes, but I hope to be in bed at midnight! :-)

Luv Me Do said...

Farmtown... NO. Don't get sucked in. Haha. Seriously though, don't, join poylvore.

Ann S. said...

Farm Town rocks!!! It's so much fun! Don't knock it until you try it :-)

Kelly said...

RUN!!!... these games are addictive... I know, I've stayed up til 3am on a work night playing Sims ... pigs, grapes, potatos, oh my! Before you know it, the only thing you'll see when you close your eyes at night is your farm! Let go of the mouse and step away from the Farmtown area!!!!