Monday, May 4, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty Four


My grand daughter, Shelby, found a caterpillar on a tree at her house the other day. She said it was black and orange and had light blue dots. She named it Sherman ('cause that name just popped into her head and she thought it would be nice for it to be a boy caterpillar). She played with it all afternoon then put him to bed in this plastic bowl (I think that's how it goes). The next day, she found that Sherman had spun himself a nice little cozy cocoon and attached himself to the side of the bowl. Today, she took him to school for show and tell then brought him to my house and of course we had a photo shoot. So meet Sherman, the caterpillar who hopefully one day, if all goes well, will become a beautiful butterfly.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

That is so cool! I'm sure Shelby will take good care of Sherman :)

Kelly said...

Hope she gets to see him "bloom" :-D

Jane said...

How sweet!! I'm a bit behind on blogs! I've been out of it lately!