Friday, May 1, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty One


I think this might be the Tennessee state bird. This big ole skeeter was perched on the picture window at Ocha Deli (our favorite Thai food restaurant--I'm sure I've mentioned that) this evening at supper time. Luckily, he was on the outside looking in. I don't think he's the blood sucking kind. As you can see, the streets around TTU are soaked from all the rain we've had today and tonight. And of course with the rain comes the skeeters! Bonn Appetite! (P.S. My sister Ann tells me this is a May Fly and not a mosquito.)

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

I think those things are May flies? We have them all over the place at our house and in our house. I'll be glad when the little boogers are gone!

Kay R. said...

May flies....hmmm....looks like a skeeter, but I'll take your word for it :-)

ceee said...

That looks like a huge May fly or skeeter. Don can tell you what it is! Every one that gets in our house seems to be a May fly, he says (and we all know Don knows everything!) :-)

Kelly said...

GROOOOSSSSSS!!!! :-o