Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day One Hundred Thirty Three


A cardinal family lives in our backyard. This is the male, enjoying this windy day. Hope you can see him. He's that bright red spot in the middle of the picture. I had to take this from my back door. I was afraid to step out on the porch for fear he'd fly away. And my little digital camera just doesn't have the zoom power to get a close up. We use to feed the birds sunflower seeds, but we quit that because our cat, Buddy, also enjoys the birds a little too much. It's always something.

2 comments:

Ann S. said...

That red cardinal stands out like a sore thumb in that picture :-) We have lots of cardinal couples nesting around our yard. One of my favorite birds. Great picture!

Kelly said...

Don't let Cynthia near that cardinal... she might whip out her BBgun! Pretty bird!